Wikinotícias:Redação/Opt in for global sysops (24/11/2011)
Hi everyone! I noticed much vandalism on this project recently. As pt.wikinews has very few admins (with several bots included) who aren't really active, I would like to suggest pt.wikinews being included in the wikiset for the global sysops. Global sysops are "highly trusted users with a strong track record of cross-wiki contributions that have sysop privileges on many small wikis, for the purposes of antivandalism and routine maintenance. They are not users with sysop tools on all wikis and they have no extra editorial control over content or the local community." (source: m:Global sysops) At the moment stewards were acting as admins here, but if global sysops could have sysop rights here it would be much more efficient for you and us to work.
Before I can opt in pt.wikinews to the global sysops wikiset, I need to have a local consensus as written here. So what do you think about it?
Kind regards, Trijnstel 11h47min de 24 de Novembro de 2011 (UTC)
- I agree with the proposal. This has been proposed before and the only user who objected has recently resigned and is no longer active. This project does fit the criteria for global sysop wikis. I don't know why it's opted out as I couldn't find any discussion where this local community decided it. Three pages were nominated for speedy deletion today and probably won't be removed because there're no local users to do that and stewards tend not to want to interfere due to the fact that this wiki is not a GS wiki. See this for an example. Striker talk 01h48min de 28 de Novembro de 2011 (UTC)
- I tend to agree with Stricker, but not now. Like in the previous discussion, the strange fact that the proposal comes from an unusual period of vandalisms, some of them with vandals making reference to the fact that fortunelly the project has no opt in for GS. Shortly, i think that this discussion should be taken in another period, where the discussion can be pushed by local community without the interference of strange factors. Alchimista 09h51min de 28 de Novembro de 2011 (UTC)
FYI, I wasn't aware of the previous discussion. I just noticed this high increase of vandalism on a project with few active local admins. Imo it shouldn't make any difference if there is much vandalism or not as the help of global sysops will be appreciated anyway. :-) Trijnstel 13h19min de 28 de Novembro de 2011 (UTC)
- Trijnstel, i'm perfectly convinced that you weren't aware of the previous discussion, you're intentions are the best, i'm sure of it, but it's hard to implement something that is "imposed" by a vandal. Alchimista 22h16min de 28 de Novembro de 2011 (UTC)
As I said in IRC, opt in this wiki because of a single vandal is give him / her more power than he has. If the wiki has problems, we ca n always elect more local adms. Béria Lima msg 22h24min de 28 de Novembro de 2011 (UTC)
- That would be great. Maybe you can list here names of users that meet criteria. I could not find a single active user with more than 1.000 edits.
Nothing is imposed 'by a vandal'. The lack of active users might be imposing that. It is being proposed that this wiki opt-in for global sysops, since this wiki meets with global sysops criteria. It is obvious that the vandal is following this discussion and will use it to call for attention. The response to his vandalisms should involve more protection and not less protection. I'm sure that what he wants is that pt.news keep as it is now; an easy place to vandalize. Have you noticed that there is zero active (human) sysop here? The last sysop action was done four months ago (07-27-2011). So, every sysop action will be made by a steward anyway, but could also be easily done by global sysop, so we can have a faster response. I don't care for this vandal. It is not the only project where he vandalizes and global sysops have a lot other vandals and projects to watch; he is just one more. I care for the situation of this wiki, which has no sysop to block him and that is what is important to this decision.
Most of the active users are not local users. I'm afraid that there is no local community to participate here.” TeleS (D @ R C G) 15h18min de 29 de Novembro de 2011 (UTC)
- I have to support. I can't undo until a local admin shows up. Some of that vandalism was targeted at me (personal attack) and it couldn't be deleted because the steward around at the time was on the username blacklist. PiRSquared17 01h08min de 2 de Dezembro de 2011 (UTC)
- I share the same opinion of Alch and Beria. Someone vandal try to force a POV here... ---- @lestaty discuţie 03h50min de 4 de Dezembro de 2011 (UTC)